As an International Trader at West Coast Supply Group you are part of an international trading team, covering a total of 75+ countries in the FMCG industry. Success is your noise: you manage existing customers and acquire new ones. You negotiate pricing, terms and you know the sweet spot between buying and selling.
You manage and grow our business through exciting targets, and you get serious responsibilities and opportunities in a young and energetic company. International travel is part of your job in an environment with a strong commercial ethos. You report directly to your Division Leader or a Senior Trader.
This is how you tackle your day. You:
- manage the business with your suppliers and customers; keep track of your offers and inquiries, pending deals and market developments
- understand your trading market and know when to sell and buy, as well as to what margin
- negotiate prices, payment and delivery terms
- are always on the lookout for new business opportunities with a focus on your own market, but you are free to act global and look across any border
- work with the Logistics Team to close and deliver deals to your customers and suppliers
- ensure your suppliers’ and clients’ financial and account information is up to date
This is you!
- You have a Bachelor’s degree, preferably in economics or business
- You are fluent in English. Fluency in Dutch, French, German, Italian, Spanish or Mandarin is a big plus
- You have at least several years’ relevant experience in an active sales/purchase/trading position
- You enjoy spending 25% (or more) of your work time travelling to different countries
- You have an entrepreneurial mindset and a demonstrated ability in creating new business opportunities
- You thrive on challenging targets and you (over)achieve them
- You are confident, charismatic, positive, proactive and have excellent interpersonal skills
- You possess good mathematical, communication and presentation skills
- You set priorities, you can juggle tasks, and you meet your deadlines
- You hold a valid driving license
Why West Coast Supply Group?
West Coast Supply Group is growing, and we are offering you the opportunity to grow with us! At West Coast Supply Group we have over 40 years experience as a leading wholesaler of premium branded fast-moving consumer goods (FMCG) worldwide. We are located in the Netherlands and active in 75+ countries. Our international and ambitious team of 20+ nationalities is tailored to meet the needs of each specific market. We always go the extra mile to find the best options for our clients. We are guided by our core values in doing business and in our team work.
In the great Dutch tradition of reliable and efficient trading, we strive to constantly improve our extensive market knowledge, smart logistics network and high-tech warehouses. Our goal is to offer the absolute best when it comes to logistics, pricing, conditions, service and quality.
Throughout the years we have built a strong reputation and developed long term relationships with suppliers, manufacturers and clients in a wide portfolio of brands within the sectors of:
• Personal & Home Care • Beauty • Foods • Sports & Fashion • Health
- Naturally, the essentials: a competitive salary & benefits package, vacation days, pension, travel cost reimbursement
- Strong core values upon which all of our interactions are based
- Challenge, variation, fun and a lot of serious responsibility within a fast-growing, internationally operating organization that dares to think big
- A fast-paced and demanding work environment, but also time for a joint lunch in our restaurant, and a drink at the bar on our top floor every Friday afternoon
- Fun team events and legendary annual parties
- Open ears for innovations and ideas
- A personal plan created to help you and us grow
- A stimulating, international and commercial environment. A few key words: informal, no-nonsense, future-oriented, focus on development and success
Ready to join the team? Great! Tell us more about who you are by applying on our website with your resume and cover letter addressed to Ms. Hanneke Hazewinkel, Talent Acquisition Specialist.
You can find more information about our privacy statement on the following page: http://jobs.westcoastsupplygroup.com/privacy-policy